Recently, Dr Schmidt took over Dr Fred Castenholz’s practice when Dr Fred retired. We’d now like to introduce Margie to you. She worked with Dr Fred for 18 years as his Hygienist. We gave her the same questionnaire, with some serious and some fun questions, that we all completed a few months ago.
Welcome to the office Margie!
1. What is your job here at Dr Schmidt’s office and what does it entail?
I am a Dental Hygienist. I clean people’s teeth, take x-rays, treat periodontal disease and teach people to take care of their teeth at home.
2. How long have you been at Dr Schmidt’s office?
I have been with Dr Schmidt, since the end of May when he took over Dr Fred’s practice. I worked the last 18 years with Dr Fred before he retired.
3. What is your favorite part about the job?
Getting to know so many wonderful people.
4. What job did you do before?
Before I worked with Dr Fred, I had jobs as a Nanny, Housekeeper, Waitress and I also worked at Meijer.
5. Where did you go to school?
Ypsilanti High School and the University of Michigan.
6. What was your favorite subject at school and who was your favorite teacher?
Math and art were my favorite subjects. My favorite teacher was my 5th grade teacher, Mr Brown. He encourage me to write and, let us make model rockets!
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to ride motorcycles and quads. I also like to camp, golf, cook, read and travel.
8. Are you married?
9. Do you have children? If so, how many boys/girls?
Yes, I have a15 year old daughter.
10. Do you have pets? If so, what kind and how many?
Yes, two Brindle boxers.
11. What is your favorite food; color; TV show; Movie; Book; Music (name the group/singer); Actor/Actress?
Pasta; Purple; Big Bang Theory; Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Jayne Russell and Marilyn Monroe; Where the Sidewalk Ends; Billie Holiday; Johnny Depp (Super Hot!)
12. What is the scariest thing you ever did?
Climbing to the top of a very steep and crumbling pyramid near Belize.
13. If I gave you $5,000 right now what would you spend it on?
Repairs on my motorcycle, taking my daughter on vacation and bills!
14. Who do you think is, or was, the most inspiring person you heard of or knew, and why they inspired you?
My Grandma Margie. She raised 7 children with very little help (my Grandpa was in the navy on a submarine most of their marriage) and she also helped raise us grandkids. She had a great sense of humor. gave great advice and instilled in all of us a strong appreciation of family. She was also a strong lady who did not put up with any BS!
15. What would be your ideal vacation?
All inclusive beach vacation with lots of fun activities such as; scuba diving, parasailing and sightseeing.
Now for the quick fire Yes or No round.
1. Ever held a snake? Yes
2. Ran a red light? Yes
3. Been suspended from school? No
4. Experienced love at first sight? No
5. Totaled your car/motorbike in an auto accident? No
6. Been fired from a job? No
7.Fired somebody? No
8. Sang Karaoke? Yes
9. Done something you told yourself you never would? Yes
10. Laughed until something your were drinking came out of your nose? Yes
11.Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes
12. Kissed in the rain? Yes
13. Sang in the shower? Yes
14. Sat on a rooftop? Yes
15. Been pushed into a pool fully dressed? Yes
16. Broken a bone? Yes
17. Walked on a moonlit beach? Yes
18. Ridden on a motorcycle? Yes
19. Ridden in a helicopter? Yes
20. Forgotten your anniversary? Yes
21. Had Mexican Jumping Beans for pets? Yes
22. Seriously and intentionally boycotted something? Yes
23. Knitted or crocheted? Yes
24. Been on TV? No
25. Eaten a whole Habanero pepper? No
26. Ridden a surfboard? No
27. Donated blood? Yes
28. Eaten Alligator meat? Yes
29. Eaten your kids’ Halloween candy? Yes
30. Written graffiti? Yes