For the next few blogs we thought we’d introduce the team at Dr Schmidt’s office so you can get to know us all a little better. To make it easier to gather information everyone in the office was given a questionnaire with some serious and some fun questions. Hope you like the idea!!!
This week it’s the turn of our wonderful Hygienist, Susan…….
Our Hygienist, Susan
1. What is your job here at Dr Schmidt’s office and what does it entail?
I am a dental hygienist and in addition to cleaning their teeth and gums, I help teach our patients to take care of their teeth.
2. How long have you been at Dr Schmidt’s office?
I have been here now for 5 years.
3. What is your favorite part about the job?
The interaction with the patients.
4. What job did you do before?
I was a dental assistant in the Periodontics Department of the University of Detroit School of Dentistry.
5. Where did you go to school?
University of Detroit Mercy.
6. What was your favorite subject at school and who was your favorite teacher?
I don’t recall.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Gardening and crafting (cross-stitch, crochet and scrapbooking).
8. Are you married?
Yes, for 23 years.
9. Do you have children? If so, how many boys/girls?
Ye, I have two girls.
10. Do you have pets? If so, what kind and how many?
Yes, 3 dogs and 1 cat.
11. What is your favorite food; color; TV show; Movie; Book; Music (name the group/singer); Actor/Actress?
Ice cream; green; too many shows to list; too many movies to list; Bo Schembechler’s autobiography; Rascall Flats and Celtic Women; Actor Jimmy Stewart; Actress – too many to list.
12. What is the scariest thing you ever did?
Climbing the Duns River Falls in Jamaica.
13. If I gave you $5,000 right now what would you spend it on?
I would give it to the most “in need” friend I know.
14. Who do you think is, or was, the most inspiring person you heard of or knew, and why they inspired you?
My Father. He came to the US after escaping a Nazi camp. He worked very hard to create a new life and put his kids through college.
15. What would be your ideal vacation?
Horseback riding through the grand Canyon or the Colorado Rocky mountains.
Now for the quick fire Yes or No round.
- 1. Ever held a snake? Yes
- 2. Ran a red light? Yes
- 3. Been suspended from school? No
- 4. Experienced love at first sight? Yes
- 5. Totaled your car/motorbike in an auto accident? Yes
- 6. Been fired from a job? Yes
- 7.Fired somebody? No
- 8. Sang Karaoke? No
- 9. Done something you told yourself you never would? No
- 10. Laughed until something your were drinking came out of your nose? Yes
- 11.Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes
- 12. Kissed in the rain? Yes
- 13. Sang in the shower? Yes
- 14. Sat on a rooftop? Yes
- 15. Been pushed into a pool fully dressed? No
- 16. Broken a bone? No
- 17. Walked on a moonlit beach? Yes
- 18. Ridden on a motorcycle? Yes
- 19. Ridden in a helicopter? Yes
- 20. Forgotten your anniversary? Yes
- 21. Had Mexican Jumping Beans for pets? Yes
- 22. Seriously and intentionally boycotted something? Yes
- 23. Knitted or crocheted? Yes
- 24. Been on TV? No
- 25. Eaten a whole Habanero pepper? Yes
- 26. Ridden a surfboard? No
- 27. Donated blood? No
- 28. Eaten Alligator meat? Yes
- 29. Eaten your kids’ Halloween candy? Yes
- 30. Written graffiti? No