For the next few blogs we thought we’d introduce the team at Dr Schmidt’s office so you can get to know us all a little better. To make it easier to gather information everyone in the office was given a questionnaire with some serious and some fun questions. Hope you like the idea!!!
First up is Tina McKee (I actually write the blogs for the office), so here goes…….
Tina with her Dad Leslie, son Matthew and Granddaughter Esme
1. What is your job here at Dr Schmidt’s office and what does it entail?
I am the Hygiene Coordinator, responsible for making patient appointments. I send out reminders for appointments and also contact patients to remind them that appointments are due if they haven’t made one yet. I also take care of our marketing and our social media sites which include Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Google.
2. How long have you been at Dr Schmidt’s office?
I have been here since October 24th, 2012.
3. What is your favorite part about the job?
Meeting the patients is the best part. Of course, I have got to know the staff really well over the past few moths too and really enjoy their company. The other thing I really enjoy is keeping up with the Social Media – what you can do as a business on social media changes so quickly and it is a real challenge to keep up with it all.
4. What job did you do before?
I worked as a Home Help/Personal Assistant. I helped a lady look after her family and run her home as she is paralyzed and in a wheelchair. I still work there on Saturdays.
5. Where did you go to school?
Because my dad was in the British Army, my Junior Schooling (Elementary) took place in Germany (Berlin and Munchengladbach), Norway (Oslo) and England (Bicester). I didn’t go to college until I was 43, so I did my BA in Tourism Management through Perth College, (Scotland) at the the Fort William Campus as that’s where I was living at the time.
6. What was your favorite subject at school and who was your favorite teacher?
In High School, my favorite subject was Commerce & Business studies and the teacher who taught it, Joyce Bernard was my favorite teacher. At college, surprisingly, since I did the subject grudgingly and thought I wouldn’t like it…..I LOVED Sociology. Well, I loved it for the first and second years while May-Britt was the lecturer. Not so much the third year when they put in a new lecturer 😦
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Guess, I’m supposed to say here “What spare time?” But, I do love to crochet, knit and cross-stitch. I am a new volunteer with the American Red Cross and I love to do Movie and Dinner double date nights with good friends.
8. Are you married?
Yes, very happily to Jim, we just had our third anniversary. A true Internet romance!!! We met over the Internet back in December 2007, with him here in Michigan and me over in Bonnie Scotland. I moved to the US on June 10th 2010 and we were married 16 days later on June 26th.
9. Do you have children? If so, how many boys/girls?
Yes, we have two boys. Jim’s son Ryan aged 26 and my son Matthew aged 27. We just welcomed our first grand-daughter Esme (Matthew’s daughter)to the family in February this year.
10. Do you have pets? If so, what kind and how many?
We have a female cat called Beso and a female Shih-Tzu called Tawny, both 8 years old.
11. What is your favorite food; color; TV show; Movie; Book; Music (name the group/singer); Actor/Actress?
Fresh crusty bread and butter; blue; Grey’s Anatomy; Love Actually; Pride and Prejudice; Nanci Griffith; Denzel Washington; Helen Mirren.
12. What is the scariest thing you ever did?
Go on the Whirlpool Wet Jetboat ride at Niagara-on-the-Lake last year. Class 5 rapids on the Niagara River – out of this world!! Fantastically scary and fun ride!!
13. If I gave you $5,000 right now what would you spend it on?
Flights for my son, daughter-in-law and grand-daughter to come over for Christmas.
14. Who do you think is, or was, the most inspiring person you heard of or knew, and why they inspired you?
H.M. Queen Elizabeth II, because I think she is the epitome of selfless service to her country and her people. Unlike others in the public eye such as Hollywood or music stars and politicians who seek fame and glory, Royals are thrust into the service and limelight without asking for it. She has served Great Britain and the Commonwealth as Queen since she was 25 and now at 87 years old she is still going strong. She works every day of her life and has always put duty and service to her country first. 62 years of loyal service is a long time, much much longer than the average persons working life. I think she is amazing.
15. What would be your ideal vacation?
Driving an RV coast to coast across the USA using Guy Fieri’s “Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives” books as a guide. Additionally, for my husband, stopping at every Ball park for a Hot Dog.
Now for the quick fire Yes or No round.
- 1. Ever held a snake? Yes
- 2. Ran a red light? Yes
- 3. Been suspended from school? No
- 4. Experienced love at first sight? Yes
- 5. Totaled your car/motorbike in an auto accident? No
- 6. Been fired from a job? No
- 7.Fired somebody? Yes
- 8. Sang Karaoke? Yes
- 9. Done something you told yourself you never would? Yes
- 10. Laughed until something your were drinking came out of your nose? Yes
- 11.Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes
- 12. Kissed in the rain? Yes
- 13. Sang in the shower? Yes
- 14. Sat on a rooftop? Yes
- 15. Been pushed into a pool fully dressed? No
- 16. Broken a bone? No
- 17. Walked on a moonlit beach? Yes
- 18. Ridden on a motorcycle? Yes
- 19. Ridden in a helicopter? Yes
- 20. Forgotten your anniversary? No
- 21. Had Mexican Jumping Beans for pets? Yes
- 22. Seriously and intentionally boycotted something? Yes
- 23. Knitted or crocheted? Yes
- 24. Been on TV? No
- 25. Eaten a whole Habanero pepper? NO!!
- 26. Ridden a surfboard? No
- 27. Donated blood? Yes
- 28. Eaten Alligator meat? No
- 29. Eaten your kids’ Halloween candy? Yes
- 30. Written graffiti? Yes